Thursday, January 16, 2014

Flame On

Here's a birthday card for my BIL.   It took on a life of its own.  I wanted to try that technique where you ink part of the embossing folder.  That's the orange part.  Sounds like a great idea but it wasn't at all what I was expecting.  The flames were recessed.  I tried it again inking the opposite section and the flames seemed odd--hard to explain odd.  I was just going to toss it away then decided to run a stamp pad over the debossed part.  That turned out cool.  Like graffiti sorta kinda.  I feel so hip.

Update:  I forgot to mention on the inside I diecut another t-shirt and stamped happy birthday with enough room for personalization and signatures.  Also, my BIL loved the card.

The Details:  MFT t-shirt die and sentiment, PTI white card stock, Canson Effects paper in Cyber Gray, Martha Stewart corner rounder, Stazon, Memento Dandelion, Tangelo, Love Letter and Tuxedo Black, Darice embossing folder

I'm entering this in Cardz 4 Guyz #1 Happy Birthday, Simon Says Wednesday Emboss It, Totally Gorjuss #218 Manly, Seize the Birthday with coloring topping, and Dream Valley Challenges #73 Boys/Men.

8 comments:

  1. Very hip for sure!! I like that embossing folder technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! your background may have presented a few technical issues but hey what a super cool background you now have. A wonderful card for any teenage male. You rock too. Thanks for sharing with us for our 1st challenge at Cardz4Guyz, we hope to see you back again. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Toni, the background looks amazing! What a fantastic card - I bet your BIL loves it! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what they say about 'happy accidents', Toni - your background looks great, perfect for your design. Thanx for sharing with us at Cardz 4 Guys.

    Hugz, Jan (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great background even if it's not what was intended - perfect for the t shirt too. Thanks for playing along at our first challenge at Cardz 4 Guyz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni, What a perfect background issues or not! Amazing card...thanks for joining us over at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This background is totally cool! What a fun card. Thanks for playing along with us in the EMBOSS IT Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Toni, I think your card "rocks" and the background looks wonderful, even if you had issues with it, it turned out great. Thanks for sharing at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!