Monday, July 7, 2014

Easy Balloons Birthday

Oh, happy day!  Behold my first contribution as a member of the House of Cards design team. Woo hoo!  This time around the challenge asks you to add a bow or two or three to your card.  Just think of the bezillion possibilities.  Won't you play along with us?!

I need a male birthday card very soon so decided to challenge myself to use a bow in it.  A bow and keep it manly?  Eek!  The first thing I did was to add shimmer spritz to the background (c'mon, everyone likes glitter, right?).  I then cut out the balloons in coordinating designer card.  I attached the baker's twine to the back of the balloons with extra length so I could play around with balloon placement.  Once I determined where I wanted them to go, I adhered the balloons to the card using various thickenesses of foam tape, gathered up the strings, tied the bow, glued the bundle down and cut the excess.  Easy peasy and a great way to use up scraps.

Almost forgot, I used chalk ink around the balloons to soften the edges.

The Details:  PTI white and yellow cardstock, The Good Life 12x12 designer cardstock, Penny Black Cupcakes sentiment, Versamark Onyx Black, Imagine Crafts Sheer Shimmer Spritz in frost, balloons cut on the Cricut, Darice Baker's Twine, Glossy Accents, foam tape, Attic Dust chalk ink

I'm entering this in Seize the Birthday (wouldn't it have been so cool to have the balloons have a July 4th theme?).

9 comments:

  1. Great masculine card Toni! So glad you're part of the team at House of a Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card...well done getting your bow in there! I like the fringe off all the balloon strings coming together! Thank you for sharing it at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toni, this is awesome! LOVE the use of twine and I adore the gorgeous bright colors, too! A fabulous HOC debut! So excited to have you with us! :) HUGS! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice card!! I love the bow and the chalk effect on the balloons. I always have such a difficult time doing masculine cards. You rocked this!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off Welcome to the HOC C&S group. What a great fun card and your bow ties everything together. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Toni- soooooo glad you are on the CAS team!! Great job on your first HOC DT contribution!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful and extremely clever card!! Love the twine balloon strings and how they are tied in a bow!! AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous balloons! This is a perfect masculine card. Great work. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your balloons and great idea using the twine and sweet bow too...lovely colorfull card and looks so happy...

    I am from Cute team..hope we can meet each other as a team :) nice to be on the same design team with you Toni...big hugs from me, Monika in Germany

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!