Saturday, November 7, 2015

Tag! You're It!

Have you heard Loll is hosting a 12 Tags of Christmas challenge right now?  Perfect timing since I've been using tags to practice my mixed media techniques.

For this tag I coated mixed media card stock with Inka Gold then smeared on some glass bead gel.  I love that stuff--so glittery and bumpy.  (Strangely, Frankie like the gel too so I had to hide the tag while it dried.    He's such a weird cat!)   I die cut the gold snowflakes and used the inner waste portion of the large one to create the snowflake in the upper right corner.  Waste not, want not.  I wanted the sentiment to really pop so I embossed it in white on black.  A spray of gold thread at the top and done!

The Details: 
Lawn Fawn Stitched Snowflake dies, Glossy Accents, Faber Castell glass bead gel, Inka Gold Metallic Rub, Mama Elephant Jolly Merry sentiment

6 comments:

  1. So pretty!! LOVE inka gold and LOVE glass bead gel. You've used two of my favourite products on this beautiful tag Toni! :) Glad Frankie didn't get a taste before you photographed it. :) Thanks so much for sharing your tag at my Twelve Tags of Christmas event. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag Toni, love all that gold. Nothing better

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooohhhhh...gold....I love gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...I love this one Toni!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the clean look of this very elegant tag Toni - you have so many amazing styles to offer us!
    Hugs
    Carol x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous use of the Inka Gold and glass bead gel! I'm with you on the "waste not, want not" - I'm always doing similar things when I punch or die cut!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!