Friday, December 2, 2016

Happy Little Stampers CAS December Challenge!

Time for another HLS CAS challenge for you, the last of the year and the last for me :(.  It's been wonderful working with Kylie and the other gals but I'm paring down activities to recapture time elsewhere.  I'll miss you all!

For this challenge we're asking that you pick your favorite technique or product you used from the past eleven HLS CAS Challenges.  Please share why it's your favorite or any tips you learned while doing it.  A full list of those challenges is over on the main challenge post.

I chose watercolor spritz using Distress Markers directly colored onto the rubber stamp. It's such an easy technique and one where you really never know what you're going to get.  I had to try a few times to figure out how much water to spritz (not a lot but not too little either--argh!) and found the MISTI invaluable in enabling me to color the parts in layers and re-stamp precisely.



The Details:  Hero Arts Very Merry Christmas, Penny Black Cones & Berries cling stamp, Distress Markers, VersaFine Onyx Black, Tim Holtz Watercolor paper, Zig (for the blue background)

6 comments:

  1. Hi Toni, you picked a great technique. Your card is really wonderful. I love how the colors work with water to form this unusual picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! GORGEOUS! I love it.....ohhhhh, want that Penny Black stamp now. So inspiring, I'll have to see what I have that might work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous was the word which sprang to my mind too Toni!
    Fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a stunning card, Toni. You will be terribly missed at HLS and I wish you all the best in the future, my friend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally catching up on some commenting! And wowzers, the effect you've captured here is stunning, Toni! What a gorgeous card. I'm going to miss you being on the team but will keep up with you in blogland xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!