Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Ostrich in . . . Space

I was so excited to be contacted by a Tim Holtz rep to ask if I would like to try out their new Hipster dies. Umm, yes, please!

I started the card with the idea of a really bright and colorful summery background with the ostrich popping its head into the card. As I was working, I was reminded of nebulas so added a few stars and a dark card base to emphasize outerspace. THEN, it occurred to me it would be fun to give her a space helmet. I made that with a simple circle die, a Sharpie and transparency film. Her glasses are mounted on top of that, of course. LOL!

The Details:  Tim Holtz Hipster stamps and dies, Bitty Grunge, Bubble stencil, Splatters stencil, Distress Oxide Peeled Paint, Broken China and Worn Lipstick, Distress Ink Picked Raspberry and Mermaid Lagoon; VersaFine Onyx Black, Hero Arts Unicorn White Pigment Ink, Peerless Gold Metallics Paint, Heidi Swapp star stencil, Stampendous Detail Fine White Embossing Powder, Versamark, Stamplorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies, Black Sharpie, Transparency Film, Ranger Multi Medium Matte

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!