Monday, December 11, 2017

CDD December Release Recap

Today I'm recapping the Craftin Desert Diva goodies I showcased last week now that they're available in the shop. It's fun to be teased with what's coming but even more fun to be able to shop!


In my first card, I stamped a few extra hearts and the sentiment from Hugs and Kisses before impressing the largest of the Nested Hearts Dies. I love the effect!  And I love the effect of having some of the heart bubbles in the background so it appears they're floating away. So very cute!



In this card I did direct to stencil inking with Versamark, leaving the corner of the  Hearts Galore Stencil  more or less bare for the sentiment. The combo of the warm gold and red wows me. Even better tho is the contrast of the gold mirror cardstock Nested Hearts Die against the matte gold embossing. Yum! And what a perfectly simple and elegant frame for the Better Together image!

The Details: Craftin Desert Divas Better Together, Nested Heart Dies and Hearts Galore Stencil, Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Red Geranium and Princess Gold Embossing Powders, Recollections Gold Mirror Board


With this card I wanted to experiment with Distress Oxides. I usually create my galaxy backgrounds using multiple layers of watercolor but this proved even easier!  I sponged an initial layer down on navy cardstock then spattered with Copic Opaque White for stars. I then sponged again with brighter tones to create a nebula. I spattered again to create added depth--some of the stars as seen through the nebula and some closer. Cool!  I was able to emboss the sentiment and rub some of the Oxide off for emphasis then it was a quick pop up of the Far Out astronaut (astro-yes!) to finish the card.

The Details:  Craftin Desert Divas Far Out, Versamark, Ranger Detail White Embossing Powder, Copics, Copic Opaque White, Memento Tuxedo Black








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your comments. I really enjoy and appreciate them all!